Mission & Purpose
The City of Petersburg provides a powerful risk management and public safety communication solution that ensures its employees and citizens are safe, no matter where they are.
The purpose of Risk Management is to identify risks as early as possible, adjust the development strategy to mitigate those risks, develop and implement a risk management process as an integral part of The City of Petersburg overall Project Management process and Public Safety.
Risk Management Program Policy
- Quarterly risk management activities.
- Ensure that risk management is an integral part and covers all operational processes.
- Identify and deal with risk in a positive manner, such that identification is recognized and rewarded, and results in positive mitigation actions.
- Appointed designee(s) responsible for coordinating risk management activities within the departments and city-wide.
- Adequate resources provided for risk management activities.
- Yearly training and informational sessions for all employees.
Risk Management Coverages
The City of Petersburg has general liability insurance to protect the City, its officers, board members, consulting agents and employees from actual or alleged negligent acts and omissions while acting in performance of duties on behalf of the City.
Motor Vehicle/Automobile Liability
Automobile liability (auto liability) provides coverage for bodily injury and property damage arising out of the use of owned, hired and non-owned vehicles while on City Business.
Property insurance provides protection against risks of physical loss or damage to city property.
Workers’ Compensation Insurance provides benefits for workers who are injured or suffer an occupational disease as a result of their work. For more information please www.
For more information or assistance with claims or other policies contact : Jay Baxter, Risk Manager @ (804) 733-2300 ext. 2445
For more information on our insurance partner please visit www.vacorp.org.
Risk Management is located at: 103 Tabb Street, Petersburg, Virginia 23803