*Effective July 1, 2021 the Office of Billing and Collections is now the Department of Collections
Primary responsibilities for the Department of Collections:
- Collection of all current and delinquent revenue including 3rd party collector contracts.
- Printing and mailing of all personal property and real estate.
- All cashier and customer service activities.
- Any customer who files bankruptcy, that includes any current active utility account, will be notified by certified mail that a new service must be established within 20 days of notification. In lieu of the bankruptcy filing, a 25% deposit may be required for the next service.
- For more information on Bankruptcy, contact Collections Administrator, Cameron Bailey.
The Department of Collections is pleased to offer several payments options for your billing needs.
- Pay Online here
- There is a 3% convenience fee with credit cards. There is no convenience fees for paying by check electronically. The online payment site is available 4a.m. to 11p.m. daily.
- In-Person: Fiscal Management Office: 144 N. Sycamore Street, Petersburg, Virginia 23803
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- Dropbox: You may drop off your payment at any time to the drop box located at 144 N. Sycamore Street. Payments dropped off are collected and processed the following business day.
- Mail: All payments may be mailed to the following address:
- P.O. Box 1271 Petersburg, VA 23804
- For questions regarding payments please email: CityCollector@petersburg-va.org or call 804-733-2346.