July 9, 2015 - Update on 460 Paving: Paving work on County Drive (U.S. Route 460) has stopped temporarily for the July 4th vacation period and will resume soon. The City’s contractor, Branscome, Inc., has completed approximately 40% of the work. They have left to complete the first layer of paving, pave the shoulders, and place a second layer of pavement followed by pavement markings. The City looks forward to the completion of this much needed project. We will continue regular updates until we get closer to completion. Thank you for your patience.
June 2, 2015 - The City of Petersburg has contracted with Branscome, Inc. to repave County Dr. Milling and pavement overlay operations will begin June 11, 2015. Work will begin at the city limits near I-295 and progress to 0.13 miles east of the intersection of County Dr. and Hickory Hill Rd. Traffic will be restricted to one lane of travel each direction. Traffic delays are expected. Work is expected to be completed in October 2015, weather permitting.
· County Drive Pavement Overlay - Start date has been changed to June 11. Completion date the same.
· Boydton Plank Rd. - Milling has been completed. Paving is scheduled for June 15.
· Young Avenue - The contractor has completed milling and will pave the street June 11.
· W. South Boulevard work was moved up one day to June 10. This street should be completed Wednesday, June 10.
· Wythe Street at S. Sycamore Street - The schedule for the work in this intersection is still set for June 12 beginning at 7 a.m.
If you have any questions, please call (804) 733-2415.