City of Petersburg government offices will reopen to the public on Monday, August 2, 2021. All visitors and city employees will be required to wear masks and social distance in all city buildings.
City Emergency Management continues to monitor weekly COVID outbreaks. If numbers begin to rise, the City will take necessary actions to keep people safe. City officials strongly encourage all who have not been vaccinated to consider scheduling an appointment with the Crater Health District to receive the vaccine.
The Petersburg Department of Social Services and Petersburg Public Library will have limited in-person customer access until further notice.
The following restrictions and protocols will be required for the Petersburg Department of Social Services:
- All customers entering the building will be subject to COVID protocol screenings.
- Masks and social distancing will be required.
- Appointments are strongly encouraged. Call (804) 861-4720 press "0" for the operator or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
- Walk-ins will be served between 1:00pm-4:30pm (Monday-Friday). When the number of customers exceed the space for social distancing, customers may be asked to remain outside or schedule an appointment.
The following guidelines apply to the Petersburg Public Library:
- The library will be open by appointment only. Appointments will start on the hour and customers will be allowed to stay for 45 minutes. No more than 25 customers will be allowed in the building at the same time. At 40 minutes past the hour, an announcement will be made that the library will close in 5 minutes. The security guard will check to ensure all customers have left the building. Staff will then sanitize public areas. On the hour, the next group of customers with appointments, can enter the building. Call (804) 733-2387 to make an appointment. (Walk-ins may be allowed if the library is not at capacity.)
- There will be two vacant stations between each computer for social distancing.
- The book stacks will be open.
- Customers must use the parking lot entrance.
- Meeting rooms will remain closed.
- Customers and employees will be required to wear a mask and social distance.
- Temperature checks will be voluntary.
- The drive through will be open. Customers are asked to ring the bell for service.
Petersburg Library hours of operation are as follows:
- 10:00am-5:30pm (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) / 1:00pm-8:00pm (Tuesday &Thursday)
- 1:00pm-5:00 pm (Saturday) / Closed (Sunday)