February 19, 2021 Update
City of Petersburg offices will open on a 2-hour delay tomorrow - Friday, February 19.
Petersburg Area Transit will resume their regular route schedule on February 19.
Petersburg Circuit Court Clerk's Office will open on 2-hour delay on Friday, Feb. 19th. Opening at 10:00am - No jury trial
February 18, 2021 - 12:35pm Update
NEW UPDATE - TRANSIT: Due to rapidly declining road conditions, Petersburg Area Transit will now provide its last run at 1:15PM today - February 18, 2021. PAT prioritizes safety and will continue to assess the road conditions and provide updates for February 19, 2021 service.
February 18, 2021 - 11:40am Update
TRANSIT UPDATE: In the interest of safety for staff, patrons, and the community, Petersburg Area Transit will provide its last run at 3:15 p.m. today ( February 18, 2021) due to icy road conditions.
The Richmond Express will complete its last run at 1:15pm due to the sleet, freezing rain, and snow in the Richmond area.
If anyone should have questions regarding transit service, call 804-733-2450 and press option 2.
February 17 & 18, 2021 Update
Due to inclement weather and freezing temperatures, Petersburg City Government Offices will be closed on Thursday, February 18.
The COVID-19 Vaccine hotline for Petersburg will also be closed on February 18th.
Petersburg Area Transit will operate on a 2-hour delay on February 18.
See routes here: https://www.petersburgva.gov/524/Routes
February 15, 2021 Update
Petersburg Area Transit will resume normal service for all bus routes beginning at 5:15am on Tuesday February 16, 2021.
As temperatures continue to rise and power restoration work continues, the warming center will be closed for the evening. However, if someone is in need of assistance please call 911 if it's an emergency or 804-732-4222 for non-emergencies.
Petersburg Government Offices will be open and operate during regular hours on Tuesday, February 16.
February 14, 2021 Update
With the large number of Petersburg residents who remain without power after this weekend’s ice storm, the City of Petersburg has opened a warming/charging center.
The warming center is open at Petersburg Area Transit (PAT) located at 100 West Washington Street.
The warming center will be open throughout Sunday evening into Monday morning. Temperatures will be taken upon arrival, face masks are required, and social distancing will be enforced. Pets and cigarette use are not permitted in the warming center.
Residents are encouraged to practice extreme caution while traveling to the transit station. Should residents require transportation, PAT is prepared to provide transportation for residents to the warming center. To request transportation, residents should call the Petersburg Bureau of Police at 804-732-4222.
For Monday, February 15, Petersburg area transit will remain on a 2 hour delay and will continue using the inclement weather snow routes, servicing Only main roads. Secondary roads will not be serviced due to downed power lines and trees. View inclement weather routes HERE
Meridian Waste will be collecting Friday (Feb 12) residential trash collections in City of Petersburg on Mon, Feb. 15. All other residential trash collections will be on a one day slide this week. Thank you for your patience.
February 12, 2021
City officials are urging residents to remain aware and safe inside your homes during this weekend's ice storm.
The National Weather Service has issued an Ice Storm Warning for the region, beginning at midnight on Friday and running until 5 a.m. Sunday. The storm is expected to drop one-tenth to a quarter-inch of ice on Petersburg, with a half inch expected in areas west and south of the city.
- STORM REMINDERS: If you're cooking and the power goes out, turn off your burners and oven to prevent a fire when the power comes back on. If you're using a space heater and the power goes out, be sure to unplug it.
- POWER OUTAGE: Should you experience a power outage, report it here: https://www.dominionenergy.com/virginia/report-outage-or-emergency OR by calling Dominion Energy at 866-366-4357.
- TRANSIT: Petersburg Area Transit will not service any routes on Saturday, February 13, 2021.
- EMERGENCIES: If you're experiencing an emergency, CALL 911. For non-emergencies call 804-732-4222.
- REGISTER FOR INSTANT ALERTS: Register for City emergency email and/or text message alerts here: https://www.petersburgva.gov/list.aspx
- EMERGENCY UPDATES PHONE LINE: The City also has a weather emergency update line. Please note, a live representative will not answer this line. It is just a recorded message. The number is 804-203-5007.