February 14, 2021 Update
With the large number of Petersburg residents who remain without power after this weekend’s ice storm, the City of Petersburg has opened a warming/charging center.
The warming center is open at Petersburg Area Transit (PAT) located at 100 West Washington Street.
The warming center will be open throughout Sunday evening into Monday morning. Temperatures will be taken upon arrival, face masks are required, and social distancing will be enforced. Pets and cigarette use are not permitted in the warming center.
Residents are encouraged to practice extreme caution while traveling to the transit station. Should residents require transportation, PAT is prepared to provide transportation for residents to the warming center. To request transportation, residents should call the Petersburg Bureau of Police at 804-732-4222.
For Monday, February 15, Petersburg area transit will remain on a 2 hour delay and will continue using the inclement weather snow routes, servicing Only main roads. Secondary roads will not be serviced due to downed power lines and trees. View inclement weather routes HERE
Meridian Waste will be collecting Friday (Feb 12) residential trash collections in City of Petersburg on Mon, Feb. 15. All other residential trash collections will be on a one day slide this week. Thank you for your patience.
February 12, 2021
City officials are urging residents to remain aware and safe inside your homes during this weekend's ice storm.
The National Weather Service has issued an Ice Storm Warning for the region, beginning at midnight on Friday and running until 5 a.m. Sunday. The storm is expected to drop one-tenth to a quarter-inch of ice on Petersburg, with a half inch expected in areas west and south of the city.
- STORM REMINDERS: If you're cooking and the power goes out, turn off your burners and oven to prevent a fire when the power comes back on. If you're using a space heater and the power goes out, be sure to unplug it.
- POWER OUTAGE: Should you experience a power outage, report it here: https://www.dominionenergy.com/virginia/report-outage-or-emergency OR by calling Dominion Energy at 866-366-4357.
- TRANSIT: Petersburg Area Transit will not service any routes on Saturday, February 13, 2021.
- EMERGENCIES: If you're experiencing an emergency, CALL 911. For non-emergencies call 804-732-4222.
- REGISTER FOR INSTANT ALERTS: Register for City emergency email and/or text message alerts here: https://www.petersburgva.gov/list.aspx
- EMERGENCY UPDATES PHONE LINE: The City also has a weather emergency update line. Please note, a live representative will not answer this line. It is just a recorded message. The number is 804-203-5007.