This application is now closed.
January 20, 2021 Update:
The deadline for utility assistance mail-in applications has been extended through 4:30 pm on Friday, January 29th. This extension is for mail-in applications only.
Mail-in applications should be submitted by mail or dropped off at the City of Petersburg Billing & Collections drop box, ATTENTION: Utility Relief Assistance at 144 N. Sycamore Street, Petersburg, VA 23803 by Friday, January 29th.
Applications received by Friday, January 29th, will be added to the total application pool and considered for utility relief funding. Please note that all award notifications will now be delayed due to this change, and awardees should expect a notice no later than February 26, 2021.
Please note, this program only covers City utilities (water and sewer); this program does not cover utility bills from other entities, such as Dominion Power.
If you have already submitted an online or hard copy application, it is included in the total application pool and we ask that you do not apply again.
• Those who have faced financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic
• City of Petersburg resident with residential utility account
• Past due water and/or wastewater balance that began March 1, 2020 through December 30, 2020
• Minimum of $20 and a maximum $1,500 past due bill
• Must verify that you accept funding
This funding is designed to be a one‐time opportunity, with only one payment per household (for residential) and one application per person.