News Flash Home
The original item was published from 7/9/2020 2:24:07 PM to 7/9/2020 2:29:17 PM.
Posted on: July 9, 2020
[ARCHIVED] Petersburg Fire Station #4 Update
In April 2020, the City temporarily closed Fire Station #4 (Walnut Hill) due to health and safety concerns. The Fire Station was experiencing severe issues with mold, asbestos, and an overall antiquated infrastructure.
In May, Petersburg City Council approved an emergency requisition in the amount of $46,051 for immediate repairs to Fire Station #4.
Work began in May and the anticipated completion date for this project is August 2020.
To date, the following work has been completed:
• All mold and asbestos remediation
• Concrete repair along the N. side of the facility
• Drainage Reconstruction: Rain leaders have been connected to the new French Drain and all trenches have been covered with soil. This process was completed to direct water flow away from the facility.
To date, the following work is currently taking place:
• Clearing trees from the backside of the property
• Updating flooring throughout the entire building
• Updating the full kitchen including flooring and cabinetry